Adjustment of the cutting blade
The blade of the optical fiber cleaver of the optical fiber fusion splicer is round, and the general circle is divided into twelve or sixteen positions (divided by digital scale), and each position represents a blade surface. When the cutting effect of one edge surface deteriorates, it needs to be adjusted to the next edge surface. After the blade rotates one circle, after all the edge surfaces are used, the blade height can be appropriately raised and continue to be used for another circle (the height adjustment operation is difficult, and it is recommended to be completed by a professional maintenance engineer. Generally, the blade can be raised up to two times for use) ).
To adjust the cutting knife, you need to prepare tools: an external hexagon wrench (the cutting knife comes with it)
How to adjust the blade edge
1) Loosen the blade fixing screw with a hexagonal wrench;
2) Turn the blade counterclockwise 1 to 2 points while holding the blade with your hand. Be careful not to touch the edge of the blade with your hand, it is easy to cut your hand and damage the blade;
3) Tighten the blade set screw with a hexagon wrench.
Blade height adjustment:
When the cutting knife often cuts continuously (adjusting the blade edge is ineffective), the blade height can be adjusted.
1) Loosen the fixing screws of the tool holder with an Allen wrench, a total of 2 screws. See below:
2) Put a bare fiber on the fiber carrier slot and press the fiber tightly. When adjusting, it is the standard that the blade can just touch the optical fiber. See below:
3) When adjusting, two screws need to be adjusted to each other. If the blade needs to be raised, first loosen the lower screw a little, and then tighten the height screw; if it is lowered, the two screws operate in the opposite direction. Note that each operation should not be too large when raising or lowering each time. See below:
4) Stop adjusting the height when the blade just touches the fiber. The height is now adjusted. Trial cutting can be performed twice, and after confirming that it can be cut, tighten the fixing screws (2 pieces) of the blade holder.
2 Adjustment method of crushed fiber
When the cleaver repeatedly breaks the fiber, it can be considered that the height of the fiber carrier groove is inconsistent with the rubber pad (black).
1) Place a bare fiber on the fiber carrier and observe the height difference between the fiber and the black rubber pad. Under normal circumstances, the height of the fiber trough and the rubber pad are the same. If the height difference is too large, the fiber will be crushed.
2) After judging the height, you can first observe whether the rubber pad near the fiber carrier groove is damaged or not. If there is, the rubber pad needs to be replaced, if not, the fiber carrier needs to be adjusted.
3) If there is a depression or defect near the fiber carrier groove (left side), you can temporarily replace the rubber pad, see the figure below, and adjust the left and right (unscrew the 4 screws and then tighten them).
4) When adjusting the fiber carrier groove, it is generally considered that the fiber carrier groove is not fixed or the fiber carrier groove is deformed. First unscrew the screw of the fiber carrier groove, re-fix it, and then try to cut it. If the optical fiber is still broken, unscrew the screw and observe whether the fiber carrier groove is deformed (it will be slightly tilted at both ends).