The surface of the electrode of the optical fiber fusion splicer will adhere to impurities due to long-term use, which will affect the discharge effect, so the electrode needs to be cleaned regularly.
The specific operations are as follows:
(1) Long press the power button “ ” of the optical fiber fusion splicer to turn off the machine, and the power indicator light is off.
(2) Gently wipe the tip of the electrode with a thin cotton swab dipped in alcohol, as shown in Figure 3-2.
(3) Press the power button " " to turn on the fusion splicer, and the power indicator light is on.
(4) Select [Clean Electrode] in the [Equipment Maintenance] menu of the optical fiber fusion splicer.
(5) Press the start key " ", the fiber fusion splicer automatically discharges for 5 times, and uses a large discharge current to vaporize the impurities on the electrode surface to achieve the effect of stabilizing the discharge current and cleaning the electrode.
Note: In the process of cleaning the electrode, do not touch the tip of the electrode with hard objects to avoid damage to the electrode and affect the fusion effect of the fiber fusion splicer.